Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wooo... Catania, Italy!

It's my second day in Catania. Firstly I feel a bit stressed when driving in the city. I would say there is no rules at all. Nobody follows the red lights, no helmet for motorcyclists and ppl are driving recklessly. As a driver in Singapore, I am totally not used to it. With my style, I suffered to drive in KL and even in Penang few weeks ago.

Well, all these hassle have overcome by the warm hospitality of the people here. Colleagues in the office are very friendly and super helpful. They are putting effort to help you on everything! :) I really appreaciate many offers from them.

I do not feel as stress/lonely as I was in Agrate, Milan. Yes, i was in catania for one week, and I felt the people here are totally different. Also, after 3 years working in ST/Numonyx, my network is getting bigger. I know quite a number of people in Catania. Many ppl came to my place and say "ciao" to me. Many surprises as this is the first time I see their real face =)

Hopefully, I have more chance to talk to them personally after so many emailsssssss in the past.

In this trip, I also have chance to utilise my basic Italiano. I am happy that I am able to order food and simple chat with the owner in the restaurant. Also, know how to see some of the words on the street. It's really very helpful! =)

I will continue to learn Italiano after my IELTS exams next year.

And, I suppose, my italiano will improve after 6 weeks here as there are so many good teachers!

Due to some problem with my SD, I couldn't upload the pics to the PC. I will get a new SD card ASAP.

Nevertheless, looking forward for nice italian food and some weekend trips!

Well, in my mind, I miss my family soooo much... I wil get a better way to keep a close contact with them...

0 comments: