Monday, November 23, 2009

My dream destination - Venice

Finally I have been to the water city - Venice.

Venice is one of my dream destination. It's a great place for honeymoon. The first time I discovered this place is from a song... describing Venice.. a special city in the world.

Then, came across it again when I seen my housemate's travel pics and about his experience there. It was 4 years ago. And I know, I must go to this wonderful place.
It would be good if you can go with your lover too =)

I was amazed that, there is no car, bicycle or motorcycles at all in the city. Everyone is walking around and the main transport are boats, ferries and gondola. The taxi is actually a speed boat.



I like the small canal between the building. The water is clean and calm. It is better when a gondola passes by. The way of the gondolier rows the boat is very graceful. Together with the sound of the water, tt just like in a dream...


The core of the city is Piazza San Marco. To me, it feels with happiness. People playing around with the pigeons, tourists taking pics, stalls selling souvenirs. It made me feel happy even just looking at the expression of the people. =)





There are not a lot of residence in the town. I can see tourists, souvenirs shops and restaurant. I feel that this is like another place mainly for tourists. I bought some souvenirs for friends and family. The souvenirs from Venice are MURANO glass, face masks and some dolls.

My souvenirs are all from Murano. I bought 2 of the better-known term "millefiori" is a style of murrine pendants. One for myself and one for my beloved sis.

It is defined by each layer of molten color being shaped by a mold into a star, then cooled and layered again. When sliced, this type of murrine has many points (thus mille (thousand).


Of course, I will never forget to buy something for theng theng and friends. =)
Well, too many words to describe Venice. I will bring Venice to my dream tonight.
I hope I will be there again... I want to bring my love ones to go there again..

0 comments: