Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gatherings and Dinners

I had 3 dinners with the colleagues (vincenzo, claudio and rino) in last week. Happy to meet them again and had a good catch up.

People here are very friendly and there will be more gatherings in the coming weeks. Tomorrow we will be going to Acitrezza for dinner, probably will be seafood.

I realised that the antipasti in here is super big portion...
The Italian meal is normally in this sequence:
Antipasti -> primo -> secondo -> vege/insalata -> dolce/fruits -> cafe

However, normally after the first dish which is the antipasti, I have to stop.
"sono piena!!" (I am very full)

Although it's just the beginning as in french we called it entree but that would be enough.
Last meal with Rino and family, the antipasti were smoked salmon and swordfish, octopus, fried small fish and squids, and lots of mussels... after that, I have to continue with a pasta and I skipped the secondo (meat) and vege, last but not least, I had a traditional dessert (VERY sweet).
However, the best portion of the meal is ANTIPASTI!! :)


Vincenzo Marzana, me and Liza



Rino, wife, paula, vincenzo, kevin and me

Paula is very adorable.. I like her smile very much :)

0 comments: